Brazebinder is a thick 'gel' type hydrocarbon based product used as a carrier for mixing with braze alloy powders and/or fluxes to make an easily dispensable paste. Brazebinder offers the following advantages over other carriers (primarily water based):
- Brazebinder is very viscous, so no settling of the metal powder or flux occurs; the resultant paste is very homogeneous.
- Brazebinder is 'slippery', hence can be easily dispensed through syringes or automatic paste dispensers to make a bead at the joint edges.
- Brazebinder is non-reactive with flux or metal powder.
- Brazebinder is clean burning and virtually leaves no residue.
- Brazebinder is economical , only a small amount of Brazebinder need to mixed with metal powder or metal powder plus flux combination.
Applications of Brazebinder are as follows:
Mix Brazebinder with Copper powder to make a paste. The paste can then be applied through syringes or automatic paste dispensing machines in a bead form (about 1 mm diameter). Braze in cracked ammonia or Hydrogen atmosphere.
Mix Brazebinder with Cu-P powder and braze Cu (mainly radiators) in belt furnace.
Mix Brazebinder with Silver brazing powder and flux to make a paste. Apply the paste as described above then torch braze. Very useful in joining complex assemblies where use of rods or performs are difficult.
Mix Brazebinder with our specially formulated powder flux to make a paste. This paste is used in automatic brazing machines.
Get an Instant Quote